ALICE & TOXAWAY LOOP HIKE

JULY 2016

ALICE LAKE

ALICE LAKE

ALICE LAKE TRAIL

ALICE LAKE TRAIL

FARLEY LAKE

POND ABOVE TOXAWAY LAKE

POND BELOW ALICE LAKE

POND BELOW TOXAWAY LAKE

TOXAWAY LAKE

TOXAWAY LAKE

TWIN LAKES

TWIN LAKES

The Alice & Toxaway Lake Loop Hike is an incredible 19-mile walk in the Sawtooth Mountains that will take you past several beautiful lakes. It is typically done as a 2 to 3 day backpacking trip, but I chose to day hike it when I visited in July of 2016 to save time and avoid carrying a backpack around with me. This hike really exceeded my expectations. Because I was there in July, there was a lot of greenery and snow to make everything look extra nice. Also, because it was July, there were some mosquitos at Alice and Toxaway Lakes, but they didn't really bother me, as I was passing through the area fairly quickly (another benefit of not backpacking). 

In addition to the lakes themselves, there are a lot of beautiful ponds located along the trail. Some of my favorite spots were the pond just below Alice Lake, and the ponds just above and below Toxaway Lake. I also really enjoyed the side trail to the Twin Lakes between Alice and Toxaway Lakes.